Have you ever thought about earning money… every time and everywhere without so much effort? Yes, I am talking about Affiliate Marketing. This is one of the best ways to earn money online.
Table of Contents
- What Is Affiliate Marketing?
- Parties Involved In Affiliate Marketing
- Benefits Of Affiliate Marketing
- How To Start Affiliate Marketing?
- How Does Affiliate Marketing Work?
- Points To Keep In Mind While Doing Affiliate Marketing
- Types Of Affiliate Marketing
- Best Platforms For Doing Affiliate Marketing
- How Does An Affiliate Marketer Get Paid?
- Why Be An Affiliate Marketer?
- Enroll In India’s No.1 Digital Marketing Certification Course
What Is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is one of the best ways of making money online. It is the process in which you will get a commission every time a customer purchases the product on your recommendation.
In other words, we can say that affiliate marketing is the process of getting a commission for marketing another’s product on our website to another person in such a way that they can buy our product.
This is an online sales practice that allows you – ‘the affiliation’ and a secondary source of income.
Parties Involved In Affiliate Marketing
Three parties are involved in Affiliate Marketing-
The seller is the person who provides their product for sale. They may be sole entrepreneurs, companies, or partnership firms. The main aim of every entrepreneur is to increase turnover and affiliate marketing helps in this.
2. Affiliate Marketer
Affiliate Marketer is the one who performs marketing of the seller’s product. They may be individuals or organisations. Affiliates act as a link between seller and consumer. They are also known as publishers or advertisers.
3. The Consumer
The consumer is the final user of the product. And they are the king of the market. Affiliate Marketing helps them in taking decisions to buy a product from a wide range of products.
Benefits Of Affiliate Marketing
1. From The Seller’s Point Of View
The seller can get their product to affiliate from the affiliate marketer by providing them a commission for the same. And in return, they will get customers, sales, revenue, and goodwill. These are some benefits that the seller can get:
- Helps to reach new audiences through affiliate marketing by paying affiliates.
- It helps to enhance revenue.
- It also helps in increasing the turnover.
- Cheaper than any other source of promotion.
2. From An Affiliate Marketer’s Point Of View
The affiliate marketer is an intermediary between the seller and the consumer. They get the following benefits-
- Get a commission on every product bought by the consumer.
- Good affiliate marketing builds customer’s trust.
- Customer engagement on your website helps to get clients / sellers.
- Increase traffic on our website etc.
3. From The Consumer’s Point Of View
Affiliate Marketing doesn’t only help the seller or the marketer but it also helps the consumer in different ways:
- It helps to make choices from a wide range of products.
- Helps in decision-making.
- Consumers will be aware of the new products.
- It helps them to compare the two products.
How To Start Affiliate Marketing?
Let us know, the steps to start this.
1st Step 1: Choose a platform
2nd Step: Decide your niche
3rd Step: Know the product
4th Step: Know your Target customer
5th Step: Review the product and provide your affiliate link.
How Does Affiliate Marketing Work?
Now, the focus is on how and from where you will find the link. The answer can be known from these simple steps –
- Go and register yourself as an affiliate marketer on any of the websites; for example -amazon.
- The second step is to know which product or offer you want to promote.
- As you are registered as an affiliate marketer obtain a unique affiliation code or link from the product.
- And now the last step is to share your link on a different website or social media platform.
Points To Keep In Mind While Doing Affiliate Marketing
1. Build trust
More the quality products you recommend, the more you build the trust of the customer as well as the seller. Because, once you build your trust, you will start getting your potential clients.
2. Be True
Don’t share the fake product. Be genuine. the customer automatically attracts and visits your site.
3. Talk To A Product Expert
If you don’t know much about the product then ask the product expert and then only provide the information to the consumer. It will help in building the trust of the consumer.
Types Of Affiliate Marketing
1. Unattached Marketing
This is a type of marketing in which the affiliate has no expertise and no connection to the product or service they are promoting.
2. Related Marketing
This is a type of marketing in which the affiliate has the expertise about the product or service they are promoting but they don’t personally use that product.
3. Involved Marketing
This is a type of marketing in which affiliates share their personal positive experience of using a product.
Best Platforms For Doing Affiliate Marketing
These are some of the best platforms where you can review the product and based on that customers decide whether to buy that product or not.
These are as follows:
- Own website
I recommend you to use YouTube or Instagram for affiliate marketing as it is the most engaging site. And also here you can see the video of products that bring more trust among consumers.
How Does An Affiliate Marketer Get Paid?
Affiliate marketer not only earns from every product he recommends but also earns from the per click by the consumer to their link.
1. Pay Per Sale
Affiliate earns from every product recommendation that is converted into sales.
2. Pay Per Click
They also earn from every click on the link that ports the customer from the affiliate site to the seller’s site.
3. Pay Per Install
Besides, sale and per click the affiliate also gets paid for the installation of the seller’s app.
Why Be An Affiliate Marketer?
Here we will try to know why one should explore as the affiliate marketer.
1. Lifetime Earning
After doing a product review the task of an affiliate marketer ends and now he will earn his whole life if his recommendation converts into a sale. So we can say that it is a one-time effort.
2. Work From Home
It is one of the best work-from-home jobs which offers you a lot of earnings. All you have to do is build customer trust.
For starting every business we need some capital but there is no requirement for capital in affiliate marketing. So we can say that it is economical or cost-effective.
Affiliate marketing is one of the flexible jobs as here if your content or product is not working, you can switch to another product.
As mentioned above, we can come into the conclusion that Affiliate Marketing is one of the best methods of earning money. If you acquire the proper knowledge, it can be a lucrative career option for you.
If you want to learn the practical aspects of “Affiliate Marketing” and also want to explore the field of digital marketing, you can enroll in Digital Marketing Course from Academy of Digital Marketing. Here you will master in digital marketing in just 4 months.
Enroll In India’s No.1 Digital Marketing Certification Course
For 10x Growth in Your Career & Salary