A career in social media marketing is definitely lucrative considering how social media plays a pivotal role in the way people interact with each other. Nowadays most of the communication is conducted online. Companies make use of diverse social media platforms to bond a connection with their audience. Social media can be defined as direct communication between organizations/institutions with the respective audience. Therefore, job aspirants can opt for a career after Social Media Course to grow fast.
Thus, the time has come for us to explore the future possibilities of social media career opportunities.
Importance of social media marketing
According to a report published by STATISTA, there are about 3 billion social media users scattered across the globe. It also came from the finding that an average person spends about 2+ hours on social network sites. Nowadays, a person’s popularity is determined by how many likes they are getting and how many followers they have on Instagram. Social media is a new religion of society.
Companies are now hopping on the bandwagon of the latest marketing trends due to the presence of their targeted audience. With social distancing norms in force and enterprises struggling to compete with other marketing channels to reach out to target audiences, digital marketing is probably your best option.
There has also been a massive search in the amount of time a person spends messaging across Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp. People turn to social media platforms to communicate. Thus it is imperative for businesses to cash on this new trend.
With the rise in the number of people working remotely the likelihood of them resorting to social media to resolve their queries has led to huge demands for tutorial guides and tips online.
With the availability of affordable smartphones and easy access to the internet, a sizable portion of the population uses Facebook and watches YouTube videos on mobile devices. Mobile apps like Tiktok, Snapchat, and Instagram are gaining popularity. Videos are much more appealing and leave a lasting imprint on the minds of the audience. Short attention span and desire to watch the content rather than reading a lengthy article increases three popularity of video not only on YouTube but also on Instagram.
Availability of jobs in this sector
With the boom in social media career opportunities companies are on the hunt for people who can boost their social media presence. Start-ups, enterprises, nonprofits, and government agencies are recruiting talented and creative social media marketing personnel.
- Social media manager-They are responsible for administering every activity of the company.They communicate with various media managers and monitor traffic. Good working knowledge of online platforms is desirable to join this field. Moreover, he is also responsible for the creation and updating of social media platforms.
1. Good communication skill coupled with the ability to monitor social media matrices is a must.
2. A thorough knowledge of the product and services they are marketing and the ability to publish relevant original content is necessary.
3. Knowledge of social media advertising and the capacity to integrate social media marketing with other marketing channels (content marketing, email, digital marketing, SEO, and the like)
- Social media analyst –A social media analyst’s primary requirement is to monitor all media initiatives of the company and analyze it. Organizations are now realizing the importance of brand awareness and the scope of digital marketing. A social media analyst with strong knowledge of analytics is high in demand.
1. A strong foundation of analytics and a clear conception of key metrics to create a report on social media traffic.
2. Familiarity with social media analytics tools (Google analytics, buffer, Hootsuite).
- Social media community Manager-A social media Community Manager’s responsibility entails publication of the brand or enterprise within the community using social media channels.
- Excellent knowledge of social media branding and ability to broadcast the message effectively
- Dip psychological understanding of the target audience
- Creation of content that immediately grabs the attention of the community in the brands, products, or services.
Copywriters, brand ambassadors, digital marketing managers, social media strategists can also join this field.
Although the possibility of achieving success is limitless in order to kickstart a career after social media course, you must possess the following skills-
- Familiarity and mastery over social platforms and tools. Platforms may vary with each organization but tools like Hootsuite, Hubspot, Buffer, Google analytics help you stay in the game.
- Fluency in English and excellent communication skills is a must. Copywriters are specialized individuals who deal with content creation. But interactions are the forte of the social media specialists. In-depth knowledge of the products and services that are being marketed is necessary. Many employers prefer to hire people with degrees in Communication, marketing, or journalism.
- A person should also have good knowledge of social media marketing analytics and how they impact the overall objectives. Basic knowledge of maths is fundamental since analytics is playing a pivotal role in the decision-making process. With the enhancement in the field of Analytics, a person can manage his own website traffic. A strategic mission on how social media platforms can be effectively leveraged to obtain their full potential is also another necessary attribute.
Social media managers draw a high salary. The salary is however dependent on the brand name of the company, its location, and years of experience of the candidate. It is imperative for aspiring social media analytics to keep track of each social media platform and gain analytical skills.
In the end, we can say without any doubt that a career after social media course is booming now. Companies from start-ups, NGO’s enterprises, and agencies are in need of talented versatile people. They do not hesitate to pay well to engage in their services. In order to be part of this journey, you should arm yourself with various digital and marketing skills. This will surely help you in the job market. More and more companies are opening their doors to gain the attention of social media specialists. Now is the time to break out of the protective shell, learn new strategies and maintain a consistent social presence.